Welcome to the HAVOC website! We represent the Houston Area Volleyball Officials' Chapter, and we love volleyball! You will find a wealth of information contained in our website, designed with you in mind as you pursue your volleyball career.
The state meeting and all regional clinics have been cancelled. No word has been received about how those issues will be addressed.
Membership for the 2020 - 2021 volleyball season
New members need to email Retta Pollio, the HAVOC secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org. An informational letter will be sent. Please do so as soon as possible. The first required meeting is July 27 at 6:00 PM, The location is Lutheran North High School.
If you have received an application, you my send it to Retta Pollio with your fees by July 20. This will alleviate long lines for the July 27 Chapter meeting. Email Retta Pollio to receive her address. She will also send you the waiver/questionnaire for meeting attendance. New members are expected to attend the July meeting. A picture will be taken. No money orders, please.
The health and safety of our members is of utmost importance to us. We have been watching updates on Covid-19. It is our intent to have our chapter meetings as planned for the remainder of 2020 at Lutheran North High School. Precautions are to be implemented to be able to use our venue. We will post any scheduling updates for training and chapter meetings as decisions are made.
Our July Chapter meeting will be on Monday, July 27
* New members and those still needing to pay HAVOC dues (chapter fee, secretary fee, scheduler deposit) are to arrive by 6:00 PM to pay fees and submit paperwork.
* Paid members are to sign in and be screened, ready to start the meeting at 6:30 PM.
Luther North High School Guidelines:
* Face masks will be required
* Each attendee will be temperature checked prior to entrance. CDC indicates a temperature of 100.1 and below is required for admittance.
* Social distancing will be observed.
* A waiver/questionnaire must be signed and submitted upon entrance. Click below do retrieve document
* Disinfectant will be available.
Rule books, case books, and informational pamphlets will be distributed.
As stated in a previous correspondence, “Based on information that is currently available, the UIL and TAPPS are planning to proceed with the Fall sports as scheduled. Modifications for the health and safety of players, coaches, other team staff, fans, AND OFFICIALS, will be addressed based on each sport.” We have not received word about what those modifications (e.g. facial coverings, “social distancing,” fans/no fans) would look like.
Our scheduler, Mary Beth Phelps, has started scheduling for the upcoming season.
* If you have not submitted your completed preference sheet to her, you may do so via mail or email.
Although not required at this point, officials may consider purchasing an electronic whistle. Two vendors carrying electronic whistles are Officials Gear Outlet (https://officialsgearoutlet.com/) and Roof Sportswear (https://www.roofsportswear.com/).
If you have not joined or renewed your TASO membership, the fees are as follows to be paid online at the TASO website (www.taso.org).
* New members: $75
* Returning members: $125 (includes $25 late fee)
* Previous members who skipped one or more seasons: $100. NOTE: We do not have information on TASO's refund policy
As more information comes in, we will pass it along to our members. Do not hesitate to contact Retta Pollio or any board member with questions/comments/concerns. Use "OFFICERS" tab above for contacts.
Stay safe and please abide by requests from government officials and the medical personnel in charge of guidelines.
HAVOC Chapter Meeting Dates for 2020
All Chapter Meetings shall be held at Lutheran North High School.
Monday, July 27, 6:00 PM is for new members, 6:30 is the start of the regular meeting.
Monday, August 10, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, September 2, 6:30 PM
Monday, October 5, 6:30 PM
Monday, December 7, 6:00 PM. This is the 1st meeting for the 2021 season. Paperwork and fees are due at this time. The regular chapter meeting shall begin at 7:00 PM. Election of officers shall occur during the regular chapter meeting.